How Do I Get An ETA For New Zealand?


When visiting New Zealand for tourism or business, you may be asked to present a valid New Zealand travel authority (NZeTA) or Electronic Travel Authority (ETA). The New Zealand eTA is not a visa but a waiver linked to your passport. This eTA can allow you to enter New Zealand several times during the validity period as long as you meet the eligibility requirements.

Fill out a form online:

To apply for an eTA, you must fill out a form online. During the application process, you must provide personal information, such as your name and date of birth. You may also be asked to answer questions regarding your medical treatment in New Zealand and criminal history. There is a small processing fee to be paid. Once the form is approved, you will receive your eTA through the email address you have provided.

You will need a passport valid for three months after your return from New Zealand:

To apply for the ETA, you will need a passport valid for three months after your return from New Zealand. Your passport must have at least one blank page. A photo of your face is also required. Also, declare any camping accessories, including tents and hiking shoes. Fishing equipment, wood products, fresh fruits and vegetables, and golf clubs are not permitted. If you bring any animals with you, you must also declare them.

Applicants must be in good health:

Applicants must be in good health and have a lawful reason for traveling to New Zealand. The eTA is not a substitute for a visa, and some applicants may be denied if they are found to threaten the country’s security. Those who have been deported or convicted of a criminal offense may also be denied.

Pay a small fee:

To apply for an ETA, you must pay a small fee and fill out an online form. The form will require your passport details, credit card information, and your personal information. Upon submission, you will be sent a reference number. After you receive the eTA, you can print out your approval email. It is also advisable to carry a copy of your NZeTA with you when you are traveling.